eSSENTIAL Accessibility helps purpose-driven organizations enhance the digital customer experience for people with disabilities through the provision of an assistive technology app and web accessibility evaluation services. These offerings are leveraged through a coalition-based approach to achieving and promoting digital inclusion.
Over 20 million North Americans have trouble typing, moving a mouse, gesturing or reading. They need assistive technology to interact with a website even if it is built with accessibility in mind. eSSENTIAL Accessibility goes beyond minimum website compliance requirements to make digital platforms welcoming to people of all abilities and to ensure the delivery of a transformational experience with universal appeal.
eSSENTIAL is looking for contract Web Accessibility Testers’ both in Canada and the United States.
Candidate will be energetic, motivated and team-oriented with experience in web development and WCAG 2.0 technical requirements, as well as Section 508 standards.
The Web Accessibility Tester will work closely with the Director of Compliance and will be responsible for website testing and reporting on various client’s digital web properties.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in responsive web design, mobile accessibility and is experienced in Assistive Technologies. He/She will embrace technology at every opportunity, demonstrating a passion for enhancing the digital customer experience.
- Have a deep understanding of WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, as well as CVAA and be able to identify each success criteria and recommend appropriate remediation
- Be able to provide a prioritization level analysis based on the impact to the user experience
- Have experience performing functional testing using the latest versions of the following assistive technologies: JAWS, NVDA, ZoomText, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, along with other manual methods, including keyboard-only usage to determine if the overall user experience is accessible
- Required to keep up to date with new industry methods and technologies. Experience in Filing/Tracking Bugs using Bug Tracking systems such as Jira, Quality Center, Selenium or any other system
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience testing modern web applications to improve the user experience for people with disabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree – Web Development/Computer Science – Preferred
- Experience in responsive web design
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0, ADA and Section 508
- Must be self-motivated, independent and well organized with minimum supervision
- Have strong time management, communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels within the company
- Familiarity with automated accessibility testing tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop and design an organized and intuitive interface
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment, working with colleagues from various departments managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines; must have the ability to either take direction and perform tasks as part of a small team, or lead an initiative on your own