Who We Are
eSSENTIAL Accessibility is a comprehensive Accessibility as a Service platform.
We help create inclusive web, mobile, and product experiences through accessibility testing, evaluation and remediation—allowing organizations to enhance the digital experience for people with disabilities, comply with regulatory and statutory accessibility standards, and project an inclusive and disability-friendly presence. We also offer an assistive technology application, a powerful suite of keyboard, mouse and touch replacement tools designed to make the digital world accessible to all.
What We Want
Our Senior Fullstack Engineer is skilled at building rich, high fidelity frontend and backend (NodeJS) applications that customers love to use.
How You Fit In
We work in a small cross-functional team that consists of about 7 developers, a designer, and a product manager. This role will be part of the whole feature development lifecycle. You’ll see all the feedback we collected from our customers and you will be encouraged to come up with ideas, potential roadblocks, and solutions.
Technical Responsibilities Include:
- Design and build UI features that deliver a consistent, repeatable and superior customer experience
- Build web apps, understand programming and architecture principles, including scaling
- Conduct code and pair programming reviews
- Innovate front-end features
- Work with internal and external users to gather functional requirements
- Partner with client architect/senior developers and create high level/low level design/architecture
- Create and update documentation on user and technical manuals to reflect UI changes, test plans and other documentation as needed.
- Translate business requirements into technical design specifications that work well with established architecture
- Know how software is used in the field and keep ahead of the latest and emerging technologies
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, and deliver features on time as a team
- Maintain coding standards and practices
- Deliver quality products, perform peer code reviews and support the team
- Review design specs, while exchanging constructive feedback with your peers and stakeholders
- Create and update documentation on user and technical manuals to reflect UI changes, test plans and other documentation as needed
- Learn new technologies and report on them as needed to help challenge the architecture.
- Solve complex programming challenges: front-end, middle-tier and back-end
- Consider accessibility, user experience, ethics in design and quality of data when implementing code
- “We win as a team” mentality
- Create and maintain a positive, inclusive and accepting work environment
- Look ahead and provide advice and guidance for potential future Accessibility road blocks
- Cross-functional working mindset and looping in internal expertise where needed
eSSENTIALS You Bring To Our Table
- BSc. or equivalent in computer science or related fields
- 3+ years experience with UX/UI
- NodeJS, MongoDB, Angular 2+
- Webpack, Rollup
- Jasmine, Puppeteer
- TSLint (now ESLint), ESlint, Git
- Understanding design patterns, debugging, RESTful API, performance optimizations, unit / integration / E2E testing, ECMAScript, cross browser / platform approach, scaling vertically and horizontally
- Understanding design patterns, knowledge of troubleshooting and debugging / performance practices and techniques
- The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, and to listen carefully to the needs and experiences of others, whether stakeholder or coworkers
- Pride in your work and ownership of its impact on the company’s success.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- People before process/team spirit
- Drive to make a difference
- Truly innovative and willing to bring ideas forward
Desired but not eSSENTIAL
- Understanding digital accessibility
- Familiar with Kubernetes / Docker
- Amazon Web Services, Bitbucket