eSSENTIAL ACCESSIBILITY is a rapidly growing company that is transforming how purpose-driven organizations enhance the omnichannel customer experience for people with disabilities. We help organizations ensure that their digital experiences meet accessibility guidelines
Looking for someone who has consulting experience, especially when it comes to technology architecture, business analyses, development and testing and how it all relates to accessibility. Also it will be an asset if the person has good negotiation skills, as a big part of the role is convincing the business why accessibility is good for a project and what is the best way to implement it, without affecting development and cost.
The Accessibility Consultant/QA analyst will support the definition, development, and testing of multiple digital cross-device web interfaces. The expectation is for this analyst to be responsible for defining/detailing/documenting and testing accessibility based non-functional requirements as part of a project.
– Execute both manual and automated (as applicable) testing of web/mobile-based interfaces. – Summary and detail list of the identified issues along with a prioritization of the severity and impact of the accessibility issues found. – List of areas that do not meet the WCAG 2.0/2.1 guidelines for A and AA levels compliance. – Advise development teams on best practices to enable in code to support assistive technology including – Provide direct input to ensure stories can be defined for specific accessibility features. – Accessibility knowledge – build accessibility best practices, as they relate to both short and long-term product roadmap.
- Demonstrated ability and experience implementing and testing Accessibility Standards.
- Demonstrated ability in gauging the current state of the product’s conformance to the Web Content Accessibility (WCAG) 2.0/2.1 and Web accessibility best practices.
- Experience documenting accessibility guidelines detailed enough to be gathered as requirements.
- Experience working with accessibility testing tools e.g. axe, WAVE, Accessibility Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Juicy Studio Accessibility Toolbar add-on for Firefox, Web Developer Extension for Mozilla Based Browsers, Mobile Web accessibility testing etc.
- Experience setting up and using assistive software solutions e.g. JAWS or Fang
Job Level Specific Duties:
- Applies advanced knowledge of QA principles, methodologies, and techniques to test and assure the quality of complex software.
- Leads sophisticated defect detection, problem solving and troubleshooting with complex software.
- Designs the overall project test plan and master test schedule for simple level projects.
- Performs in a lead capacity role within the team in making decisions for the quality assurance of the project/application.
- Recommends quality improvement initiatives for future application/project releases.
- Regularly coaches and mentors less experienced team members.
- Develops and maintains a client accessibility policy
- Integrates accessibility into the product UX, development, and testing processes – design and develop with accessibility in mind
- Participates in design sessions and performs accessibility reviews of the design deliverables
- Develops and maintains accessibility standards and test plan for client product implementations
- Works with the test automation team to develop and maintain an accessibility automation framework
- Establishes and maintains standards, set of tools and guidelines that web products and client implementations should be validated against
- Performs on-going accessibility assessment of the web products
- Performs on-going accessibility assessment of client implementations
- Assists in system related testing activities including functional testing, integration testing, and system testing
- Ensures maximum automation of testing systems
- Ensures high quality product releases
Typical Years of Experience:
- Typically requires 4-6 years relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of software quality assurance methodology.
- Advanced proficiency with requirements gathering tools.
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and concepts.
Soft skills/Personality traits required:
- Must be self sufficient
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Collaborative, team player with strong communication and presentation skills
- Open to learning and applying that knowledge
- Excellent communication skills