Giving people with disabilities tools to navigate the web
The eSSENTIAL Accessibility™ app is a communications support that allows users to navigate the web hands free.
HOW IT WORKS
Download from a coalition member
Visit any coalition members’ site and click on the accessibility icon to download the eSSENTIAL Accessibility app.
Install on your PC
Follow the prompts on your PC to install.
Browse the web
Explore the app’s features, including voice control and face tracking to browse the web hands free. You won’t believe how easy it is until you try it.
Features for standard PCs
- Hands-free tracking: You can control your mouse by moving your head or your hand in full view of your computer's front-facing camera, commonly referred to as a webcam.
- Onscreen keyboard: Instead of using a physical keyboard to enter text in a web page, you might prefer to use your mouse instead. The on-screen keyboard offers convenience keys labeled "www." and ".com" that you can use to reduce the number of mouse clicks you need to make.
- Page reader: You can have the app read aloud the text on a web page. It can read aloud any text, button captions, website texts, links, tags, and other elements that contain text that isn't embedded in graphics.
- Manual scan
- Auto scan
- XY mouse: Every point on a web page sits at a certain latitude and longitude, much like a point on a map. The app can navigate to each spot on a map by first moving to the correct latitude and then the correct longitude.
- Direction mouse: Using the directional mouse, you can move the mouse in one of eight directions and click it, all using only the left click button on your mouse.
- Radar mouse: This mouse alternative "sweeps" the eSSENTIAL Accessibility™ window much like the line on an airport radar screen. Airport radar displays typically "anchor" their lines in the center of the screen. The apps radar mouse offers that option, as well as that of anchoring the line at the top left corner of the screen.
- Customizable toolbar